SpringShire Board of Directors Meets
The SpringShire Board of Directors met on Monday, December 19 to reflect on the accomplishments of 2016 and look forward to an active 2017.
The SpringShire Board of Directors is a voluntary group of individuals who are interested in the success of the community, and the Board is made up of local professionals who serve older adults and their families in some capacity.
Some 2016 highlights included:
- Receiving North Carolina Department of Insurance approval to accept 10% Reservation Deposits
- Receiving Certificate of Need approval from the North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services to move forward with pre-sale marketing
- Hiring a Sales Team to help guide prospective residents in decision making
- Re-launching marketing efforts such as re-opening the Information Center, revamping marketing materials and introducing a new website
- Updating design plans for the community with Haskell design build firm, and EA Design
In 2017 the board learned that a “Meet the Architect” event will be held to help prospective residents better visualize what the community is going to look like and learn more about the intention behind the unique design of SpringShire. Additionally, the sales team has a robust community outreach plan in place with several presentations scheduled with civic and church groups. SpringShire is also a sponsor of the Four Seasons Chamber Music Festival and will have many events surrounding this sponsorship.
The Board of Directors congratulated the sales team on the success of 2016 and is looking forward to actively participating in events throughout the next year. Board Members at SpringShire include:
Ernest Carraway, President. Mr. Carraway grew up in Greenville and has several business connections there. Mr. Carraway is a practicing attorney and CPA in Raleigh, and teaches business law at North Carolina State University.
Roger Robertson, Director. Mr. Robertson is the President of Community Hospitals at Vidant Health.
Rev. Beth Thompson, Director. Rev. Thompson is Associate Pastor at Oakmont Baptist Church.
Dr. Bob Deyton, Director. Dr. Deyton is a future resident at SpringShire and was a well known OB/GYN in Greenville for 40+ years. He is originally from Raleigh, and his mother was a resident of Springmoor.